Coming to Thailand to work

I have been offered a decent job in Phuket. What exactly do I need to do to work in Thailand and to bring my child with me?

Eric Bjørvik, Norway

Add Comment
1 Answer(s)

As a foreigner outside Thailand who wants to work in the Kingdom, you must first obtain a non-immigrant B visa from a Thai Embassy or Consulate. The employer in Thailand may apply for a work permit for you. Only after the work permit has been issued may you start working. Documents to be submitted with the application for a work permit include a curriculum vitae, educational qualifications, employment record and evidence of work experience. If these documents are not in Thai or English, they must be translated into Thai and verified as a true translation by a Thai Embassy. You must also supply a certificate of good health and three photographs (5 x 6 cm) taken not more than six months before the application is submitted. Your child will require a non-immigrant O visa. If the child will be going to school in Thailand, you will need to apply for an education visa, which requires a letter from the school confirming your child’s registration there.

Friedrich Fauma, Managing Director, International Law Office

Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.