Education visas for foreign school children

I am British national and have just moved to Phuket. I was told by a Thai consulate that once I was here and my kids were in school that they would arrange their education visas. I am now told that you need a certain amount of money in the bank for this to happen. Please inform me as to which answer is correct.

Sam Mavrou, Phuket.

Add Comment
1 Answer(s)

To obtain non-immigrant ED visas for children, you do not need to present any bank account details; you just need to present the documents from the school to prove that your child is studying there. Most of the international schools in Phuket will provide this document for you, as they regularly do so for foreign students.

If you wish to apply for the visa for yourself in case you need to look after your children, you will need to apply for non-immigrant O visa as a guardian. For this, you will need to present a minimum of 500,000 baht in your bank account (the money must have been deposited in a Thai bank account at least three months before applying). You will have to provide your passport and documents from your child’s school as well.

Pol Capt Krissarat Nuesen of the Phuket Provincial Immigration Office replies:

Answered on January 10, 2008.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.