Foreigners and guns

I am an American national. I will be moving to Thailand shortly. As a foreigner on a retirement visa, can I own a firearm for recreational use? I enjoy trap shooting and target shooting.

Robert Libby, USA.

Add Comment
1 Answer(s)

Foreigners may have a gun license and own a gun only if they have a Thai house registration (tabien baan) paper [see also ]. This also applies in the case of air guns. If you want to bring a gun into the country you must already have a gun license and you must ask permission beforehand from the Customs Department.

Officer, Muang District Administrative Office.

Answered on September 13, 2001.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.