Study visas for Thailand

Can I get a permanent visa to enable me to study and gain work experience in Thailand for a period of about 4 years, without having to leave every 90 days? I am studying for a diploma in counselling and would like the studies to cover the Thai culture. I have a permanent income from Australia.

Robyn Perkins, Australia

Add Comment
1 Answer(s)

You have to apply for a Non-Immigrant – ED (Education) visa at a Thai Embassy or Consulate in your country before visiting Thailand. A visitor can stay in Thailand for a period of no more than 90 days, and then the visitor must leave the country. There are usually no exceptions for the holder of a Non-Immigrant – ED Visa. But, considering the long study period and the question of whether or not your study is connected with a Thai University, then a longer period is possible. The University has to apply for a visa on your behalf at their Provincial Immigration Office for the period of your course. Then you do not need to leave every 90 days. You just need a stamp at Provincial Immigration.

Pol Col Apirak Hongtong, Superintendent of the Phuket Provincial Immigration Office

Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.