We’re just here for the diving, governor

I now find the entry visa very confusing. I will be returning with my partner to Phuket in October and we would like to stay for between six to nine months. We are not seeking work of any kind, just a long holiday. Which visa should we apply for in the UK? I am 53 and my partner is 43.

Kata diver.

Add Comment
1 Answer(s)

For your situation, I suggest that you apply for a non-immigrant O retirement visa from the Thai embassy in your country. If you qualify, once you are here, you can apply at any Thailand immigration office for a one-year permit to stay.

However, as a UK citizen, you can obtain a tourist visa on arrival, which will allow you to stay for 30 days at a time. When your 30 days is up you must leave the country and apply for another 30 days upon re-entry. Please note though, that you are only allowed three consecutive tourist visas totaling 90 days in any 180-day period.

Pol Capt Krissarat Nuesen of the Phuket Provincial Immigration Office.

Answered on October 23, 2007.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.