PHUKET: Thereare a couple of fundamental truths in business.
Generally speaking, people are in business to make money, and to make money you need customers, because they are the people with the money.
Yet many business owners focus on a variety of other activities that they believe to be more important than marketing.
You may have the best product in the world, at the best price, with the best service, but if no one knows it exists, you are going to fail.
So shouldn’t your priority be attracting customers?
Yet, more often than not, marketing is the area that gets neglected, and when times are tough it is the first area where budgets are cut, or it is avoided because people are not sure how to do it.
So here are a couple of key tips:
– Make marketing a priority.
– Commit a consistent and substantial budget to marketing.
– Learn how to market properly, or delegate to someone who can.
– Track your marketing activities and always aim to improve.
– Start slowly and increase your budget expenditure on methods that work.
Now you should be working towards a strategy where every dollar you spend returns five or ten times as much.
Simon Wetherell is a social media expert and lawyer. He trains businesses and individuals on how to profit from the social media industry. For more information: Visit PhuketOnlineMarketingSchool.com or call 095-085 3355.
— Simon Wetherell