SHARE

CHALONG, PHUKET: A 17-year-old student of the British International School died from an accidental electrocution on Christmas Day.

Chalong Police Investigator Boonlert Onklang identified the deceased as Anurak Gottschalk, son of a German photographer and his Thai companion who works as a cook aboard a tour boat.

At about 5:30pm, the boy’s German uncle and a housemaid found Anurak dead in the bathroom of their home in Chalong Village 9.

They went to check on the boy after realizing that he was taking an unusually long shower.

Anurak’s body was covered in electrical burn marks and his hands were still clutching the sprayer when he was discovered.

Rescue workers from the Phuket Ruamjai Kupai Foundation brought the body to Vachira Phuket Hospital, where Anurak was pronounced dead on arrival.

An examination of the body determined cardiac failure resulting from electrical shock as the cause of death.

— Pimwara Choksakulpan