PHUKET: Major property developer Sansiri Plc’s new condominium, The Deck, is attracting interest from both Thai and international buyers.
The draw is likely a result of the condo’s prime location in the heart of Patong and the fact that construction is now 100 per cent complete, with just the final stages of architectural and interior work left to be done.
Uthai Uthai-sangsuk, Sansiri’s executive vice president, said recently that this project will likely be complete next month with unit transfers to take place from August 7 to 9.
Of the 270 units in two seven-storey buildings, 60 per cent have been sold to date with 35 per cent taken by Thais and the remaining 65 per cent going to foreigners, including those from Singapore, Hong Kong and Europe.
Sansiri has also revealed that more than 95 per cent of the buyers have bought for investment.
There are three unit types, including studio (29-38sqm), one-bedroom (40.5 – 50.5sqm), and two-bedroom (63-75sqm).
The Deck fulfills the desires of niche buyers looking for investment and rental potential in a resort condominium in a prime location.
With this in mind, Sansiri created the concept of resort-style design with wider units and large balconies that offer good views and are suitable for sunbathing.
Facilities include two swimming pools, one with a jacuzzi and the other on the rooftop, a fitness room, a common-area garden, wireless internet in the pool areas, 24-hour CCTV and parking.
What could ensure that this condominium will be popular with tourists is the location, with the five-rai plot in the heart of Patong on Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Road, walking distance from the Jungceylon shopping center and Patong Beach.
Buyers have the option of joining Sansiri’s ‘Rental for the Holidays’ program, which includes a free furniture package and a 9-percent rental return guaranteed for two years with the company’s ‘Plus Concierge’ scheme, offering some hotel-standard services, Mr Uthai added.
This company expects to rake in 20,000-30,000 baht rent per month for studios, 30,000-40,000 baht for one-bedrooms and 45,000-70,000 for two-bedrooms, for those eager to make their units available for the upcoming high season.