SHARE

A Mexican restaurant, Coyote, caught fire late this morning. The restaurant owner, Matthew Warton, said the cause of the fire is believed to be an electric shortcircuit from the air-conditioning system. Fortunately, no injuries or casualties reported.

The second storey of the 4-storey Mexican restaurant, located on Thaweewong Road in Patong could be seen on fire from the street. Fire fighters took 20 minutes to control the blaze. The owners report the cost of damages at around 50,000 Baht.

“I came to the restaurant and turned on the air-con at about 9.15 am and after 25 minutes, there was smoke coming from the machine. Staff in the restaurant tried to extinguish the fire but couldn’t so we called the fire fighters immediately,” said Matthew.

Forensic police are continuing the investigation into the fire.

- Nattha Thepbamrung and Kritsada Mueanhawong